Wand breaks new ground in intuitiveness and usability. To create the fastest, most efficient experience for providers, developers employed Human Performance Modeling – the technique used by NASA to predict and improve pilot performance. The result is a streamlined workflow and faster access to data.
Features and Functionality
With its graphical interface and intuitive workflow, Wand enables clinicians to:
- Add or update clinical information for a patient (allergies, history, immunizations, problems, medications)
- Review an appointment list
- Gain quick access to patient summary information with quick drill-down access to details when necessary
- Obtain a longitudinal, all-in-one timeline view of key patient information (lab results, medications, vitals, and more)
- Capture chief complaints / History of Present Illness
- ePrescribe with electronic transmission to pharmacies and drug interaction checking for safe prescriptions
- Resolve tasks and respond to messages
In addition to the features listed above, Wand v1.1 for Professional EHR also includes:
- Clinical Documentation: Utilizing the existing templates already configured in Professional EHR , users can now complete a review of systems, and physical exam documentation
- Assessment & Plan: Users can now identify the problems being assessed, enter orders associated to those problems and utilize all quick-sets and favorites as already configured in Professional EHR.
- Sign-off and Billing: Users can now preview the complete H&P report and submit charges. They can confirm billing details such as encounter type and billing provider, select the Encounter Pack to determine which documents will be printed, and sign off.
- Improved User Experience: A better, faster, and more enjoyable experience with the EHR
- Improved Workflows: Optimization of 20 percent of the EHR workflows that are used by clinical healthcare professionals 80 percent of the time
- Improved Productivity: Efficient use of time within the exam room and between patients
For more information on Allscripts Wand download the app from iTunes. Simply search Allscripts Wand.